As one of the most used parts of the body, our hands are often times neglected. No one likes dry, chapped or damaged hands. Since they do so much for us, why not take a little time to give them the care they need with our DIY Healing Hand Salve.
DIY Healing Hand Salve
- ¼ cup Shea Butter
- ⅓ cup Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Jojoba Oil
- ½ Tbsp. Vitamin E Oil
- Essential Oils
- Place Coconut oil and Shea butter in a glass jar.
- Melt on high power in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir and continue heating for 30-second increments until completely melted. (Stir well between each 30-second heating intervals.) You can also do this in a double boiler.
- It should take about 2.5 minutes to melt completely. You can also place the jar in a pan of hot water over low heat and allow to melt while stirring.
- Stir in Jojoba and Vitamin E oil and continue to stir for 30 more seconds.
- Add 5-10 drops essential oils. (We used again our Woodsy Kit oils for the balm)
- Pour into metal tins or a small glass jar. Enjoy your natural healing balm!
Also a great gift for Dad this year!
Do you often give DIY gifts? Share your favorite homemade gift you ever gave?