Why Make/Use Your Own Body Butter?
Body butter is thicker than lotion and contains less water meaning it’s more moisturizing and can soften even the dryest or toughest of skintypes. It’s also a great option to target certain areas like elbows, knees and feet (just be careful to not walk barefoot after applying to your feet.)
With clean and simple ingredients free from additives or other chemicals that may make your skin more dry, this easy to follow DIY Body Butter Recipe is effective and soothing to help make your skincare a top priority.
Watch the video below and follow along for easy guides to make this recipe!
This also makes a great gift for friends and family for any occasion!
What You'll Need
- Place a glass bowl on top of a saucepan partially filled with water over medium heat. (This creates a double broiler so the butters can be melted with the boiling water in the saucepan.) Place the butters in the glass bowl, and allow them to fully melt.
- Carefully remove the bowl (and melted butters) from the heat source. Add carrier oil and stir to combine the ingredients.
- At this point, the oil mixture should be cooler (along with the bowl). If not, allow it to rest for a few minutes. Then place the mixture in the fridge and allow it to solidify (Approximately 20-30 minutes)
- Once the mixture is opaque and a bit firm (not solid), remove from fridge and add the essential oil of choice (Try Love or Awaken Essential Oil Blend.)
- If you used cocoa butter in your body butter, then whisk the mixture with a fork until it appears “whipped.” If you used shea and/or mango butter in your body butter, then you can use the same technique with a fork, or use a stand mixer to “whip” the mixture.
- Scoop the body butter into a jar with a lid (We stored ours in Glas Amber Jars.) Place the lid on the jar. Store the body butter at room temperature (out of sunlight). This mixture should last about six months, if bacteria isn’t introduced to the mixture via dirty hands.
Give it a try. We hope you’ll love it as much as we do! Please share your own DIY ideas. We’d love to hear your Real Oil Story!
P.S. We have more recipes on the way! Please subscribe to keep up with the latest solutions!