At Real Oil, we’re trying to make a concerted effort to address Health. While talked about in abstract terms too often, we’re devoting our energy to address it clearly and constructively. Our goal then is to provide tips and tools on positive health that are easy to incorporate into everyday life in conjunction with our Wellness Sale.
Want an easy keep-on-hand tool to stay healthy? Check out our Free Immunity Guide. Or start with our seven go-to practices for a healthier you:
- Eat natural foods (avoid processed junk food)
- While this may seem obvious, our bodies were developed to consume foods rich with micronutrients. With natural, unprocessed foods you receive all the benefits that nature intended, whether its high fiber in whole grains or healthy fats in olive oil our bodies do well when given natural food.
- Getting the proper amount of sleep is key to a healthier 2019. As many of you know, our rest is key component, like diet or exercise, to our health. Attending to proper sleep hygiene by avoiding lengthy naps during the day, exercising often, and setting a specific sleep schedule will get you on your way.
- Drink more water
- Considering our bodies consist mostly of water (55 to 60 percent for adult males, 50 to 55 percent for adult females), maintaining the proper balance of water has numerous benefits. Water effects energy levels and even one’s metabolism. One study evidenced that drinking 17 ounces of water boosted metabolism by 24-30% for as long as 1.5 hours.
- Find natural sources of energy
- Whether it’s “crunch time” or you’re lagging behind the day, find an alternative to energy drinks. Often citrus packs a punch that stimulates and invigorates the body, which is why we recommend Pure Air Essential Oil Blend. It can be diffused in the morning for a natural energy boost to help your mind focus and concentrate.
- Incorporate healthy fat into your diet
- Packed with Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, Extra Virgin Olive Oil should be your best friend for cooking. Not only is packed with healthy fats, but it also is loaded with antioxidants that combat inflammation and support heart health.
- Don’t sweat the empty stuff
- Carbohydrates that are highly processed, or refined carbs, are ill-equipped to give you the nutrients you need. These foods have been produced so that all the fiber is removed. Unfortunately in doing so, these foods then lack in nutrients and as a result, are “empty” calories. Look to whole & unprocessed grains to provide the fiber that refined carbs don’t.
- Find your favorite way to sweat!
- In terms of exercise, finding a routine that you can commit to is all that matters. Whether it’s finding a favorite place to walk, a form of active meditation, or perhaps biking find an aerobic activity you enjoy! It’s recommended that you find 150 minutes a week for aerobic activity, so get creative and get your heart rate up.